There is a time for everything, and a season for every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

~ Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Time to Take Heart

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” - Jesus in John 16:33

Take heart, you say? Take heart?! Is that all the advice you have for me?

Ha, and then the irony strikes me...I am questioning Jesus! I am questioning the son of the living God, the creator of my being, the one who gives me breath! Yet even with such a powerful admonition – straight from the mouth of Jesus at that – I feel as though I am the one who is overcome.

But then he speaks to this weary heart of mine: “Erin, Sweetie, it’s going to be okay. I have promised to take care of you and I will not break that promise. I cannot! Remember, Daughter, I am bigger and stronger than any of your worries or troubles. So be of good courage because tomorrow is a new day; I will be with you then and until the glorious end.”

Oh, dear Jesus, thank you...

Be strong and take heart, all you who trust in the Lord. -Psalm 31:24

No comments:

Post a Comment