There is a time for everything, and a season for every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

~ Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Time to Choose Life

I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.” ~ Jesus (John 10:10, The Message)


This blog has been completely abondoned these past few months, but that is nothing compared to the neglect that some of my dreams have been made to endure over the years. So I thought to myself, what better way to resurrect the former than to tell of the reawakening of the latter. :)

You see, as the dawning of the New Year arrived, my heart's dreams began to resist the limitations and lies that I had so painstakingly shackled them with. In fact, their fight for release was so sudden and compelling that I could not help but take notice. And alongside their cries for freedom, I could hear the gentle voice of my Father God promising victory.

God knows what fears hold me back. He knows the lies that cling to my dreams like a heavy anchor, dragging them to the depths of failure before they can catch even a glimpse of success.

But he also knows what I am truly made of...because it is he who made me who I am. He knows that I am healed and victorious, capable and courageous.

And the time has come in my life where – finally – these God-spoken truths are drowning out the hollow lies of the enemy. God's will for me is life, but the devil only wishes me failure. Wow. The choice is simple when put so plainly.

I choose life.

With this choice comes a sort of revival. It is a revival of myself and the deepest parts of me. It is a revival of my dreams.

*****

And now for the big announcement: In just under 5 months, I will be running my first ever Half Marathon. I have dreamed of doing this for over 7 years now, but this is the year!! No more giving in to fear! No more believing I'm not disciplined enough or physically capable of accomplishing such a feat! No more!

I choose life and I choose to believe what the Lord says. I believe his favor is upon me and that I will be able to give testimony of success achieved through the strength he gives me.


This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may liveand that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life... (Deuteronomy 30:19-20a, NIV)


*The picture is a scanned copy of my very first race bib.

4 comments:

  1. Erin, yay!!! It does my heart good to hear you so alive! Is the 1/2 in the summer? Maybe I can be there to offer you hydration at a pit-stop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love that, J! haha... But don't know if you will be home in time - it's May 27th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where will the run be, Erin? Sounds like a fabulous goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jared Fogle's hymn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHKYs8Gfr4Q

    ReplyDelete